Celebrate the season of giving with us! Thanks to the many local businesses and community groups that are supporting our work this holiday season.
Here’s a list of special holiday events and promotions benefiting the Food Bank (we’ll be adding more as we hear about them, so please check back often):
Food and Fund Drives
- Safeway and NBC Bay Area’s “Feed the Need” Drive – Support Bay Area food banks by purchasing a $10 specially produced shopping bag filled with items that food banks need the most at 155 Safeway locations throughout the Bay Area, now through 12/26.
- San Mateo County Library’s “Food For Fines” – Donate nonperishable food items to any of the San Mateo County Library’s twelve branches and library fines and fees will be waived, now through 12/31. City libraries in Burlingame, Daly City, Redwood City, San Mateo and South San Francisco are also waiving fines and fees for food donations.
- Scouting for Food, 11/11 – In the Bay Area, more than 30,000 Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Venturers, Explorers and their supporters will be “Scouting for Food” by picking up boxed or bagged nonperishable food items for local food banks placed on doorsteps by 9 a.m. on Saturday, 11/11.
- Mission City Community Fund’s Annual Charity Auction Dinner Dance, featuring Second Harvest Food Bank, 11/11 – Join Mission City Community Fund at the Santa Clara Convention Center for “Saturday Night Disco.” It will be a wonderfully fun evening of dining, dancing, live & silent auctions and a program to help MCCF raise funds to continue its 31-year mission of helping organizations like Second Harvest Food Bank expand and enhance its work in the Silicon Valley community. Purchase tickets.
- 96.5 KOIT Stuff-A-Bus, 11/18 – Bring your non-perishable food items and help stuff a SamTrans Bus at this annual event at the Shops At Tanforan in San Bruno on Saturday, 11/18, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. More info.
- KRTY Mega Can Collection, 11/18 – Help feed the hungry while helping yourself to tickets to every show on the 2018 Country Mega Ticket at Shoreline and meet & greets! KRTY will be holding a can drive from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. outside of Ross in Westgate Center. The more you donate, the more tickets you get to put in the drawing. More info.
- Cranksgiving San Jose, 11/18 – San Jose’s second Cranksgiving is happening this year! Part bike ride, part food drive, part scavenger hunt, this community event has been held annually in New York City since 1999 and now there are nearly 80 independently organized events across the globe. Get more info.
- San Jose Barracuda Donation Drive, 11/19, 3 p.m. – Bring non-perishable food items to donate at the San Jose Barracuda vs. Ontario Reign game on 11/19 at 3 p.m. and receive free tickets to a future Barracuda home game!
- Silicon Valley Turkey Trot, 11/23 – Start Thanksgiving Day off on the right foot at the Applied Materials “Silicon Valley Turkey Trot.” It’s an event the whole family will enjoy! Many have made the “run” or “walk” a Thanksgiving Day tradition. Register today! Interested in volunteering at the Expo or on the day of the race? Sign-up to volunteer.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra Presents the Ghosts of Christmas Eve, 11/30 – For every ticket sold for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert at Oracle Arena, one dollar will go to Second Harvest! Buy tickets.
- Santana Row’s Holiday Soiree to Benefit Second Harvest Food Bank 12/5, 6 p.m.-9 p.m. –Enjoy wine tasting inside Santana Row shops, carolers, holiday sweet treats, hunky Santa photos and much, much more! Bring a donation of canned food on the night of the event and be entered to win $250 Santana Row gift card. Tickets are $40 and are available online or inside the Santana Row Concierge! Customers must be 21 years or older to attend.
- Bourbon Steak Presents Dine Out and Do Good, 12/16, 6:30 p.m. – Enjoy a 6-course tasting menu prepared by Executive Chef Mario Beabraut, James Beard Award Winning Chef Mike Solomonov from Zahav restaurant in Philadelphia, and Chef Cassidee Dabney from the acclaimed Blackberry Farm in Tennessee. There will also be a Silent Auction, including a Trip to Blackberry Farm, Gameday/Tailgate Package against the Jaguars, along with other 49ers memorabilia. Proceeds benefit us! Buy tickets.
Shopping & Dining Promotions
- Crate & Barrel – Through 12/31, Crate & Barrel will be accepting monetary donations from customers at the register and online. One hundred percent of dollars raised will go directly to food banks in the Feeding America network, like us!
- Ben Bridge Jeweler– For every diamond sale from 11/3-11/18, Ben Bridge Jeweler will donate a portion to us!
- Pho Hoa – From 11/6-11/23, each donated canned food item gets you $0.25 off (up to 4 cans/maximum $1 off) your order at participating Pho Hoa Locations. You must purchase an entree to be eligible for the discount.
- Way.com – Save on movie tickets! Use promo code SHFB10 to get 10% off all movie tickets on way.com. And for every transaction, a portion of the revenue will go to us!
- AmazonSmile is an easy and automatic way to support Second Harvest Food Bank. Every time you shop at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible purchases to the Food Bank. You’ll find the exact same low prices and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus of helping our neighbors in need.
- Dave Severns Memorial Golf Tournament – Every year, the Severns Foundation hosts a golf tournament in honor of Dave Severns, a devoted supporter of Second Harvest Food Bank. Now through 12/31, all donations up to $500 each made on the Dave Severns Memorial Golf Tournament donation page will be matched.
- Feeding America’s Give A Meal Program – With the help of Bank of America, your holiday gift can help us provide twice as many meals for our neighbors in need. Donate to Feeding America’s Give A Meal program through 12/31 and Bank of America will match every $1 with an additional $2! BoA will only match a total of $1,000 per donor. Donate online.